When caring for a sick child, it can be a scary and emotionally draining experience for all involved.
Unfortunately, the medications needed in these situations can often be hard to find, have complex insurance requirements, or come in a strength or a dosage form that doesn’t have pediatric patients in mind.
For issues such as flavoring, dosage form, allergies, and intolerances, compounding allows us to customize a child’s medications according to their preference.
Providing patients with the most common pediatric compounds and so much more:
- Antibiotic or antifungal suspensions
- Antibiotic suppositories
- Anti-cancer suspensions
- Cardiac suspensions
- Diaper rash ointments and creams
- Flavoring of medications with poor compliance
- Gastrointestinal suspensions
- Immunosuppressive and anti-rejection suspensions
Ready for the next step?
Kids need different care than adults. Speak to a pharmacist today to discover how we can help.